Tuesday, July 28, 2009

White Chocolate Fudge Brownies

" What I love about cooking is that after a hard day, there is something comforting about the fact that you melt butter and add flour, then hot stock, it will get thick! It's a sure thing. It's a sure thing in a world where nothing is sure!" - Nora Ephron

I was NOT planning on cooking/baking anything today! I thought I better just relax and take it easy, but........... I couldn't resist! I got online, checked my email and then somehow started browsing my old recipes! Initially I wanted to bake a cake, but we're all out of eggs, and not enough butter and no more whole milk......I still had the urge to do something, so I kept it simple with these to die for brownies.

These brownies are really delicious! Make sure you use white chocolate that has a profound taste, the better the quality of your chocolate, the better the brownies!

6 tablespoons of butter
8 oz of white chocolate
2 eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
2 handfuls of semi sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees farenheit
2. butter and flour an 8inch baking pan, or line with aluminium foil
3. Melt the butter and the white chocolate on top of double boiler over hot water
4. In a bowl, with an electric mixer beat the eggs and sugar really well
5. Add the chocolate butter mixture to the egg sugar mixture, add the flour and vanilla too and beat all together just until incorporated, thick and smooth
6. Fold in chocolate chips with a spatula (do not beat here)
7. Pour mixture into the baking pan
8. Bake in the oven for 25-35 minutes, keep an eye out
9. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick, brownies are ready when the toothpick comes out clean
10. Let it cool and then cut into squares

I am planning on bringing these into work tomorrow. I just hope some remain! (Mona's friends are passing by!) Tina if at 8am you are sipping on coffee at your desk, browsing my blog, come over to my side of the office and claim your piece! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Good Morning Kinda!!! Nothing like a perfect morning with well..(not so great nescafe coffee) and delicious brownies!!!! Oh Bless!!! These tiny treats make life feel so good....
    These are awesome!!! "Mind-Orgasmic!!" Oops can I say that??!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best part of baking these goodies, sharing them! I'm so glad you liked them :) More yummy treats to come in the near future....I know what you mean about the coffee, that's why i'm dipping them in mine, it makes the coffee tastes chocolatey heheh ok back to work now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are making me hungry, thanx for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  4. To make these taste even better, I wouldn't melt all 8 OZ of the white chocolate, I would only melt 4OZ and then right before putting the batter in the pan, throwing in the remaining 4OZ of white chocolate, broken up into medium sized peices, this will give the brownie more flavour! Enjoy...:)

    ReplyDelete