Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kinda's Kitchen Welcome Message!

How it all started........

Like most 11 year old's, I was excited to learn new things. Unlike most 11 year old's, my excitement came from baking my first cake! Yes, it was anything but perfect with olive oil instead of butter or vegetable oil, but even with a funny taste my parents and siblings still ate it and provided the support (Gotta Love 'em for that!). Cooking and baking have always been passions of mine; being in the kitchen with my ingredients gives me a comfortable feeling inside, like a warm cup of soup. Quite simply, it's therapeutic and my euphoric escape.
Growing up I've always wanted to be a Pastry Chef, I would say baking is my forte. Cooking allows me to drift off into another world where it's just me in control of whipping up a fantastic dish, but the greatest feeling of all is, when all is done feeding my friends and family and watching the smiles emerge from their faces with every bite they take and the twinkle in their eye from the aromatic smells.
I hope that one day I manage to create my very own catering business, bakery or even a restaurant. I have started this blog to ensure that I explore my passion, diving deeper into different foods everyday and see where it takes me. It will definitely support my creativity and inspire others to pick up the spatula in the kitchen, or even chase their dreams. The first step is always the hardest, but if you can see what you'd like your life to look like, it will become YOUR life!


I think the greatest thing about "creativity" is that your creativity can inspire others to fulfill their dreams and it shows people that it's really never too late to get started on something. I put cooking off my whole life- yes I cook at home and bake but only now, after university and working have I decided that I would like to start a "cooking career" so to speak.
Creativity is not just an artistic attribute that a person possesses, but rather it is part of their very being, and to some degree my creativity defines me, it's the "human" side. Most people may not know it, but cooking brings out so much emotion, I mean why else would there be a saying "It was cooked with love" ? Of course it's going to taste better!
More importantly if you have "creativity" it should be nurtured and not neglected, why would you want a great part of you to disappear?

We are all passionate about something. We have all felt that passion at one point. It brings about this energy that makes you feel untouchable, that gives you the power to do anything you want to do and what normally would feel like the greatest challenge, is nothing but a small obstacle in the way from achieving your goal. When you stay calm, and fight through those "challenges" that's when you know. That's when you know nothing can come between you and your passion.
Another interesting thing about passion is that you can't fake it, you have to genuinely feel it, and the best proof will be in your creations. My passion in cooking for example, will be reflected in the foods I create. In short, it is important to get excited about what you are creating, don't hold back and have no fears. Don't forget to put passion into your work, you never want it to be something you "have" to do but let it always remain as something you "want" to do. With this thought in mind, truly dedicate yourself to your work and fulfill your passion. This will only yield the results you've always wanted.

Why the Kitchen?

What can I say? It has always been my favorite place in the house. It's practically a host room for social activity! It brings friends and families together- through cooking, chatting, or sipping on that warm hot chocolate on a cold winter's day. It brings peace through food! Growing up I probably spent more time in the kitchen than any other room in the house, and I don't regret it.
Please be sure to keep posted for some: succulent recipes; funny stories related to the kitchen; Dubai culinary adventures; my personal restaurant reviews; dining experiences and cooking tips!

1 comment: