Saturday, July 25, 2009

Chocolate Fondant a la Bailey's

Recipe adapted from Chef Axel Godefroid from Empire in Monarch Dubai.

Makes 4-6 chocolate fondants (I used 4 ramekins, mine were pretty big, but if you use smaller ones you can make 6 chocolate fondants)
Ingredients
150grams chocolate
150gr butter
2 pcs eggs
2 pcs egg yolk ( I used only 1 egg yolk)
60 gr icing sugar (1/2 cup)
16 gr flour (2 tablespoons)

Preparation
CHOCOLATE FONDANT

• melt chocolate• melt butter

• whisk sugar, egg, egg yolk


• add chocolate and butter mixed together

• add sieved flour
• add 1 tablespoon of bailey's irish cream or orange liquer (optional)
• put on ramekins that are already buttered and floured
• cooked at 180 degrees celcius for 8-9 minutes
Place the ramekins upside down on a plate and slowly lift it up, the fondant should slide out easily.

Serve this with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side!


MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmm FONDANT-LICIOUS!!!!!!

I added a tablespoon of baileys, I also tried this once with orange liquer it was delicious! This is also really good without any liquer. Don't forget the vanilla ice cream!!! Oh, for presentation purposes you can sieve some icing sugar on top of the fondant, like i did with the brownies below, add some raspberries on the plate too! This is a great dessert to serve at a dinner party, your guests will be VERY impressed! :)

Remember to be CREATIVE! After all.....

"Cooking and Entertaining is about finding your own style while following a
few basic guidelines."
- Patty Kriz

After all this baking today (and tasting) it is time for me to hit the gym because I am feeling very full! ( tip: if serving chocolate fondant as a dessert during a dinner, make sure your main course etc is not too heavy, otherwise it will be painful to eat this as dessert because it is quite heavy!)

ENJOY!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is making me hungry. I am going try this one and post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm excited!! If you have any questions let me know. Excited to hear back if you end up trying it. It's really delicious, For the 150g of chocolate, i used 100g milk chocolate and 50g 72% dark chocolate. I did this because I like it super sweet. Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete